Friday 18 November 2011

Neglection

So,

due to hand ins and general stress, the blog has suffered a bit of neglecting! BAD TIMES!

Intern


This year, 4th year fashion students have been paired up with a helper and mine in the fantastic Sarah Findlay!  When talking to a few of the students I was torn between who I was going to choose...and right at the very end Sarah made her way over to me and changed my life!

She's a fantastically creative person and after a chat this week, I really think we are going to be a great team!

Collection 1 and 2 Hand In

Well, it has been a stressful period of the 1st semester graduate year!  A few weeks ago we had to hand in all work for the collection...DONE!

On to the toiling process - pictures to come!

Mixtape


We are making magazines this semester for trend 1 and for this we were to make a cd to fit in with the whole theme/emotion of your collection.  Due to the morbid and sinister theme in which my collection has been based on, I chose songs that I felt conveyed a mood, but weren't too obvious!  Here's what I have come up with!

1.Berlin - Lou Reed



This song is really stunning.  I went to see Lou Reed a few years ago and this song I feel really conjured up quite an eerie feel, the melody the piano plays being key for this!

2. Strangle Up My Mind - The Underground Youth


I only discovered this band a few weeks ago (where have I been?!) and in terms of songs for fashion films, I felt it almost sucked you in.

2. People Are Strange - The Doors



I love the doors.

3. The End - The Doors



Literal I know, but again, great mood and emotion.

4. Open Up And Bleed - Iggy Pop



Excellent.

5. Venus In Furs - The Velvet Underground



Almost my all time favourite song. Violin/guitar is just fantastic, I really love the almost sinister feel to this, I think It'd be great for the fashion film/fashion show

6. Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin



I love the crescendo in this song, really takes over you.  The songs I have chosen are linked to the time period of the case so I think this really fits in well

7. Very Friendly - Throbbing Gristle



Woah! LITERAL!  I love the beginning of the song, I would probably use the sound to fit in to the fashion film or a mix for a show if I was to be picked.  The song is pretty horrific though...so I wouldn't be using it in full.  For anyone who doesn't know about the moors murders, this is probably a good way of finding out!

Have a good Weekend :)

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment