Friday 27 January 2012

Back to reality...


So I have landed with a huge BUMP back in Scotland this week.  My sister and I managed to make all of our connections and even braved the sleeper train!  I must admit, I had a great sleep...don't know if Jasmyn will agree!

So Hermes.

What can I say?  Absolutely unreal experience.  I cannot put into words how absolutely mind blowing the two days I was in Lyon were.  From a meal with the director of one of the biggest luxury fashion houses in the world, to the Hermes HQ and of course presenting my concepts and designs to the director and another colleague.

Unfortunately I cannot say too much about it due to confidentiality but the group of us that went are the first to be welcomed into the labels HQ and due to their new policies THE LAST!  So it's something that no one else will be able to do.  After being selected down from 38 institutes, I think all of us were just completely amazed by this and truly honoured to be there.

Another amazing thing about the trip was how well we all got on with each other.  I'm not sure if it was because a lot of the students were textiles students (who tend to be a lot friendlier than fashion students..!) or just because we were genuinely all friendly people, but it was really refreshing to get on so well and spend time with them all and hopefully we will keep in touch :)

A lot of exciting things to come.

watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment