Monday 26 March 2012

A Man's Story

So this week I have been working on a number of things, but most importantly my entry for the "A Man's Story" Competition.

A Man's Story is a documentary film, skimming through the past 12 YEARS of one of the most influential menswear designers in the world.  Ozwald Boateng.  This man is an absolute genius.  Having visited his Savile Row store last Autumn and keeping a watchful eye on his collections over the years, this is a film that I was so excited to see, so you can imagine how disappointed I was to see that the film wouldn't show until a day before the initial closing date of the competition!

Being the chancer that I am, I phoned up press for the film and the lovely Suhan sent a copy out to me straight away!  I sat in my room ( I felt sorry for my flatmate that night because I literally just left her on her own for half the night) on my own with my laptop in-front of me and stared at the screen with my mouth open pretty much the whole time.

This man is the definition of brilliance.  Someone that fought his way to the top and still fights everyday to keep things at the highest level.  I wont give too much away, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but I really do recommend it!  So my concept from the whole film was the idea of no matter what is happening the show must go on.  All the struggles, the fights the drama, everything has to be put aside for this one show that could effectively change everything or balance everything out.



if you have a spare minute please go onto the page, like a mans story and then VOTE on my designs!  Make sure its the Mood Board one NOT the final lineup one...just so all votes are going to the same thing! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment