Wednesday 5 October 2011

Be inspired...

Deborah's Space Inspiration




This year, Debbie is designing a womenswear collection.  She works in a very clean and graphic style, which is reflected in the execution of her garments.  Here's what she had to say about her wall;


Amber : So Debbie, tell us about the imagery you have on your wall.

Debbie: "I have a very graphic style in working, very clean, muted and simple.  On the wall I have links to British artists and design, which reflect the heritage of   My menswear images are references for my womenswear graduate collection.  I also have Commes Des Garcons and Paul Smith womenswear images which underpin my market research. "

Amber : You have text on the wall as well, what do these reflect?

Debbie : "I have been researching different typography and layouts and while going through some magazines there were several quotes that stood out to me, this in particular by Susan Corrigan;

"Don't forget we're all in this together"

I really like this quote and felt it summed up my feeling of our year as a group.



My space on the other hand, is currently a shrine to Ash Stymest, Frankie Cocozza and Pete Doherty...


...with a couple of nuns throwing snowballs for comedy value.
Although it may look like I've just filled a wall with attractive men, they are actually fashion images...apart from Frankie from The X-Factor.  I wanted to surround myself with images that make me happy, inspire me and help me through the inevitable breakdowns.  Let's see how much it changes over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment