Tuesday 4 October 2011

London!

As part of my research I was required to go to London and do some fabric sourcing and market research.  As we were allowed to take up to a week off, I of course decided to go for the full week!  I'm not going to write too much about it, but here's a runthrough of the highlights of my time there.

Day 1

I visited Harrods, Harvey Nichols, The V&A, The Library and Tate Britain.  Harrods was a great place for market research, the menswear floor is packed full of great designers and really gave me a lot of inspiration in terms of silhouette, fabrics and detailing.

The Library


This is a small Menswear boutique in Knightsbridge, packed full of designers that I wasn't even aware of!  There were so many stand out pieces and interesting use of fabrics with a great and coherent colour palette from each designer.


Incarnation


Isaac Sellem Experience


Lost and Found

The V&A

I went to "The Power of Making" while at the V&A, which I must say, I was a little disappointed with.  Although there were quite a lot of interesting pieces on show, it wasn't quite what I was expecting, however I liked the emphasis on the importance of the skills we posses as designers/artists and how these skills can be utilised to shape the world that we live in for better and for always.


Sandra Backlund

I love this knitwear, Sandra Backlund is one of my favourite knitwear designers, not just for the garments she designs, but for the textiles themselves.  The volume and dimensions of this piece is fantastic.




No comments:

Post a Comment