Tuesday 4 October 2011

Tommy Nutter

Day 3 in London - Museums and Knitting Shops

I went to The Fashion and Textiles Museum which I heard about when I visited Newham College in East Ham.

Tommy Nutter : Rebel On The Row

Literally one of the most exciting experiences of my life!  This exhibition was like a dream land for me, with so many Savile Row suits!  The exhibition really helped me with design ideas as tailoring is a big part of my collection.  The era was bang on for my research also, so a really great exhibition to go and see.








There were also documents on show, such as customer records, photographs and sketches.  The exhibition is on until the 22nd of October, so I would definitely recommend checking it out!  The museum also has several talks, evening classes and discussions on throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment